DailyFantasyUK here with our top picks for Saturday’s Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 4 Defense.
Want tips on Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 4 attackers? Check out our Attacker Picks.
Gear yourself up for strong Week 4 defense lineups by considering (or in some cases avoiding) the following players…
Here’s who we reckon will be fiercely protecting the net in Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 4.
- Tom Heaton, Burnley ($5,000 DK, £11.1m MG, £6.1m PO). Heaton is a consistent starter and he delivers – what more could you want from a goalie! He’s made 18 saves this season, compared to allowing 4 goals, and got a clean sheet against Liverpool in Week 2. Burnley haven’t been a strong team overall, but this has really allowed Heaton to shine.
- Ben Foster, West Bromwich Albion ($4,500 DK, £7.0m MG, £7.0m PO). A slightly cheaper alternative to Heaton, Ben Foster is another consistent starter with a great 11.3 fantasy point average on DraftKings. The West Brom goalie has had two clean sheets over the past three matches, all of which involved a fair number of saves.
- Adrián, West Ham United ($5,400 DK, £6.1m MG, £7.3m PO). He is a bit pricier than Heaton and Foster, but consider Adrian as a less-owned option for tournament contests. The Spanish keeper is a little unpredictable, but his clean sheet with 5 saves against Bournemouth in Week 2 has drawn our attention. Plus, DraftKings must be expecting something good from him, as his price has jumped up from $4,600 in Week 3!
Players to Avoid
We’re feeling a bit bearish on Petr Cech, Artur Boruc and Kasper Schmeichel for Saturday’s matches.
- Petr Cech is undoubtably a good goalie. However, we’re worried he won’t have as much to do now the Arsenal attacking side seems to be getting back on form, and are slated to do well against Southampton. There are better picks this week who cost far less than $5,700 DK.
- Artur Boruc hasn’t had much to do so far this season, with only 8 saves – and yet no clean sheets. The Bournemouth goalie will have to do a lot more to get our attention, and we don’t think the match against West Bromwich Albion will be where this happens.
- Kasper Schmeichel was sent off in the 57th minute after a knock during Leicester’s Week 3 match against Swansea. He’s questionable to play, and may be replaced by Ron-Robert Zieler for Week 4. Even if he does play, Leicester are up against a hard match with Liverpool.
- Héctor Bellerín, Arsenal ($4,700 DK, £9.4m MG, £8.6m PO). Bellerín is an optimal choice for your cash game lineups. In Arsenal’s upcoming clash against Southampton, we’re expecting to see plenty of action from this fullback player, who is excellent at intercepting and creating chances.
- Craig Dawson, West Bromwich Albion ($4,700 DK, £7.7m MG, £6.8m PO). Dawson will be fighting to keep the Baggies from relegation, as one of the strongest players on their team. With two clean sheets so far, and a healthy number of crosses and interceptions, his individual stats are certainly impressive.
- Curtis Davies, Hull City ($3,600 DK, £8.9m MG, £7.2m PO). For a good defender who won’t break the bank, Davies is a prime player to target. His team have put in great performances this season, and he’s sure to be kept busy against Burnley. For 9.3 average FPPG on DraftKings, he is fantastic value.
- Scott Dann, Crystal Palace ($3,500 DK, £6.2m MG, £7.7m PO). Consistent starter Dann delighted Palace fans in Week 3 with the team’s only goal against Bournemouth. This fantasy maverick could be a good pick for tournaments, with some outstanding performances on the pitch.
Players to Avoid
This week we’re likely to avoid Danny Rose and Virgil van Dijk for Saturday’s fixtures.
- Danny Rose is doubtful to play after picking up an injury during an England qualifier match. This is a shame, because the Tottenham Hotspur defender Rose has been consistently good in his three appearances so far, putting in a range of moves to rack up points.
- Virgil van Dijk has put in a frankly disappointing performance for this season so far, resulting in a mediocre fantasy average. Perhaps consider him for a contrarian tournament choice, but otherwise we’ll be leaving van Dijk off our rosters.
Make sure to head over to see our Attacker Picks to make the most of your Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 4 lineups this Saturday.