Welcome to Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 3! Three weeks into the season, the teams’ offense sides are beginning to establish their strengths and weaknesses. Star and scrub players are coming to the fore.
Read on for our recommendations as to who to pick for offense on Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 3. We’ve listed prices for DraftKings (DK), PlayON (PO) and Mondogoal (MG).
We also have a guide to picking Defenders and Goalkeepers for Week 3, so make sure to check that out too.
After slim pickings in Week 2, there are some great choices of striker for the Saturday of Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 3. Fantasy favourite Sergio Aguero is playing on Sunday as Man City go up against West Ham. However, other stud and value forwards are there for the taking.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Manchester United ($9,600 DK, £20.1m MG, £14.1m PO). This highly owned stud player is a shoo-in for cash games. With three goals over the past two matches, Ibrahimovic is really proving himself to be a key player this season.
- Diego Costa, Chelsea ($8,700 DK, £12m MG, £13.3m PO). Another powerful forward, Costa has racked up two goals at this early point in the season. His tendency to commit fouls and get yellow cards means he’s less consistent than Ibrahimovic. However, Costa is still a great pick, particularly for tournaments.
- Harry Kane, Tottenham Hotspur ($10,100 DK, £10.8m MG). The Spurs’ star striker played enthusiastically against Crystal Palace last week, making 6 shots (1 on goal) and an assist. Note: in some cases the Spurs v. Liverpool match won’t be listed on Daily Fantasy games given its early 12:30pm start time.
- Romelu Lukaku, Everton ($9,000 DK, £8m MG, £12.5m PO). Lukaku hasn’t had much play time this season, due to a lack of match fitness. Then again, history tells us he’s a great player. Hopefully he will be able to get back into the swing of things this week!
- Troy Deeney, Watford ($7,200 DK, £7.7m MG, £9.9m PO). Consider Deeney for a more affordable forward pick. He hasn’t been the biggest scorer this season, but looks in for a chance against an Arsenal side still weakened by injury and fitness issues.
Players to Avoid
This week we’re bearish on Jamie Vardy. Despite helping lead Leicester City to unexpected glory last season with an amazing 24 goals, he just hasn’t delivered this season. In the last two matches he’s had no goals or assists. Some are still holding out for him, but we’re going to bide our time. We’re not convinced by Olivier Giroud either. The Arsenal striker has had little time on pitch after the Euros. Plus his team have been putting in a weak performance so far.
Despite their high prices, Leicester City offensive players aren’t getting much of a look-in for Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 3. Whereas Manchester United, Chelsea and Everton all offer up great fantasy choices. Have a look at…
- Eden Hazard, Chelsea ($8,600 DK, £14.8m MG, £14m PO). Hazard is a fantastic stud player, who looks set for big things this season after two stellar appearances. He didn’t score last week, but a healthy combination of shots on goal, interceptions and crosses helped rack up the points.
- Ross Barkley, Everton ($7,800 DK, £10.8m MG, £10.3m PO). In the last two games, Barkley has scored a goal, made an assist, performed shots and crosses. These stats are all key for building fantasy value. The 22-year-old is a cheaper alternative to Hazard and Mahrez who can still bring home the points.
- Riyad Mahrez, Leicester City ($9,900 DK, £11.5m MG, £13.5m PO). Usually Mahrez would be higher up this list, but with Leicester’s recent performances his price-tag seems a little overblown. Especially when compared to other possible Midfield choices this week.
- Anthony Martial, Manchester United ($7,300 DK, £9.5m MG, £13.5m PO). Though not the most consistent, Martial is now a seasoned Man U player with good assisting and finishing stats. His performance last week wasn’t the best, but this week could be his chance at a goal.
- Paul Pogba, Manchester United ($8,000 DK, £11.9m MG, £11.4m PO). For a more predictable and cheaper bet, you may want to stick with Anthony Martial, but Pogba shows great promise from his match against Southampton last week. He may not be a big goal scorer, but he’ll pick up some nice fantasy points from a range of stats.
- Etienne Capoue, Watford ($4,200 DK, £7.2m MG, £7m PO). Want to make a contrarian pick for your tournament lineups? Not got a big budget left? Check out Etienne Capoue, who’s currently averaging 16.5 fantasy points on DraftKings after two promising performances.
Players to Avoid
As for players to avoid, we’re bearish on Xherdan Shaqiri, due to having trouble with a calf injury. Apparently he’s still in with a chance to play against Everton. However, you should be wary about rostering him – and check up until the last minute if you do.
This has been our Offense player round-up for the Saturday of Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 3. For goalkeeper and defender picks, check out our Saturday Week 3 Defense guide.
Happy rostering! For more tips and tricks on all things daily fantasy, check out our Guides section.