Here’s our guide to picking the best goalkeepers and defenders for your Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 3 Saturday rosters.
For an excellent Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 3 offense side, we have a guide to Forwards and Midfielders too!
We were spoilt for choice with defenders this week, but picked the cream of the crop for you to consider for your Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 3 rosters.
- Hector Bellerin, Arsenal ($4,700 DK, £9.5m MG, £8.7m PO). After a slow start against Liverpool in Week 1, fantasy favourite Bellerin helped Arsenal keep a clean sheet against Leicester City last week with an impressive range of defensive moves. His performance looks to be on the rise, and could result in some serious fantasy points against Watford this week.
- Luke Shaw, Manchester United ($4,300 DK, £8.1m MG, £7.8m PO). Shaw helped his team to a clean sheet in last week’s match against Southampton. Look at the affordable player this week for cash games and tournaments, as Man U present a strong side against Hull City.
- Christian Fuchs, Leicester City ($6,100 DK, £7.9m MG, £7.5m PO). The enthusiastic left midfielder is fantastic at delivering on key passes, tackles and crosses. He helped Leicester’s defence shut out Arsenal last week, with an array of stats which make him a strong fantasy pick.
- Leighton Baines, Everton ($5,800 DK, £8.9m MG, £7.5m PO). Baines is worth his price tag when it comes to delivering across a range of key fantasy stats. Last week, the defender put in 6 crosses, 2 shots, two successful tackles and an interception in an impressive performance.
- Antonio Valencia, Manchester United ($4,600 DK, £9m MG, £7.1m PO). Valencia is a solid fantasy player since being shifted to a fullback position last season. Consider stacking Valencia with Shaw and David de Gea to be in with a chance for three sets of Clean Sheet points.
Players to Avoid
Our avoid list for defenders this week includes, perhaps controversially, Virgil van Dijk. The Southampton player just hasn’t been delivering this season, after two lacklustre performances delivering few fantasy points. For a value player, you’d be better off picking Shaw. We’re also avoiding Crystal Palace Damien Delaney, who is good value but who has only just passed fitness so would be a risk for cash games.
The best goalie picks aren’t the cheapest for Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 3. However, it’s worth splashing out a bit extra for the player who can deliver Clean Sheets and make a lot of saves.
- Thibaut Courtois, Chelsea ($5,800 DK, £6.1m MG, £7.4m PO). Courtois has a strong sense of accuracy, and his penalty save skills are superb. Burnley forwards Gray and Vokes will have their work cut out for them.
- David de Gea, Manchester United ($5,600 DK, £8m MG, £8m PO). Ever the stud choice, David de Gea will be starting with a Man United side who have gone from strength to strength this season. Plus charges of sexual assault made against him have just been dropped, so he’s going to have a lot less on his mind.
- Kasper Schmeichel, Leicester City ($5,200 DK, £8.1m MG, £7m PO). Schmeichel is a pick with great potential, despite belonging to a decidedly lacklustre Leicester side. The Dane made 38 appearances with the Foxes last season. He has started in both matches of 2016/17 so far – making 7 saves and getting a clean sheet last week.
Players to Avoid
As for who we’re bearish on… it’d be best to give Tom Heaton a miss this week. Burnley are up against Chelsea and we’re liking the look of Chelsea’s chances. We’re also stepping back from Southampton’s Fraser Forster. He may be threatened by forward Jermain Defoe – who is particularly good at long passes.
Hope that helps you put together a strong, standout defensive side for Daily Fantasy Premier League Week 3 cash games and tourneys.
Make sure to check out our sister guide on Week 3 Forwards and Midfielders for more tips.